In the busy-ness of everyday life, it’s all too easy to forget to make a point of telling your special someone how much you love them.
Which is why Valentine’s Day, on 14th February, is a great chance to score some brownie points with your partner by showing them how important to you they really are.
But, isn’t Valentine’s Day just for retailers to sell us more stuff?
OK, yes, Valentine’s Day is a day when everyone feels compelled to buy cards, flowers or gifts. And you may not like that sense of obligation.
Maybe you celebrate each other throughout the year, so you’re wondering why you need to celebrate on this one particular day.
But, the truth is, even if you really hate having to conform to Valentine’s Day tradition, your partner will be delighted if you surprise or treat them this February 14th. So, why not just do it anyway?
A time to celebrate each other
And when it comes to celebrating the love you feel for your partner, in my book, Valentine’s Day is a two-way thing.
Come on ladies, it shouldn’t just be us doing the receiving and none of the giving! Our men deserve some special treats and attention too, right?
Fourteen ways to celebrate your love this Valentine’s Day
So, with this in mind, today I wanted to share three ways that you can let your partner know how much they really mean to you this Valentine’s Day.
I hope these are useful and spark some great ideas of your own! Do let me know in the comments below.
Valentine’s Day Ideas: Make, See & Do
Shop-bought cards and gifts are nice. As are a traditional bunch of twelve red roses. But, hand-made cards or gifts are even better! They require far more effort on your part and show your partner that you’ve really tried hard to treat them to something special.
Anything that you’ve made with your own two hands will always have more of the wow factor.
1 The sentimental value of a hand-made card or a poem that you have written will be valued so much more than something that’s been mass-produced and grabbed from the local petrol station on the way home from work on Valentine’s Day.
2. Or if words aren’t your thing, what about hand-made chocolate truffles? These are quick and easy to make even for a novice in the kitchen.
3. And even if you’re not particularly handy, it’s easy to arrange special breakfast in bed.
4. Or to go online and create something like a photobook of your favourite photos of the two of you.
5. Or take a look at Not on the High Street and find hand-made gifts produced by makers from across the world. Bespoke prints, or personalised champagne flutes, journals or jewellery will always go down well!
See something new together
It’s easy to lose the spontaneity in your relationship after being together a number of years. So, why not organise a surprise for your partner? All the better if it’s something you can see and do together.
For example, you could:
6. Book tickets to see their favourite band or comedian?
7. Or go to the theatre or cinema together?
8. Or perhaps go on a short mini-break? See a new city and explore – either in the UK or abroad. It can be so much fun discovering new places together.
Book an experience
Alternatively, you could arrange an experience that they aren’t expecting.
9. Like a camping trip or a canal boat for the weekend.
10. Or if they’re a bit of a foodie, why not buy them a place on a cookery course so that they can learn new skills
11. Or treat them to a fine dining experience at the new restaurant in town or even at home? If the latter, you could be the chef for the night and set up the dining room complete with white tablecloth and candles.
12. Or if cooking isn’t your thing, you could even hire a professional chef for the evening!
13. And even men love a spot of pampering! So, why not surprise your partner with a relaxing massage or foot rub? Or take it a step further and treat them to a spa day?
14. Or, why not capture your love in photos?
Book a couple’s photoshoot
As well as being a wedding photographer, did you know that you can hire me for a one-off photoshoot? A couple’s shoot at your favourite local location or perhaps even in your home is a great way to celebrate this Valentine’s Day!
While your wedding may not be until next year, or perhaps was many years ago, your love continues and is real, right now. So, what better way to celebrate your love for each other than with photos that will capture you exactly as you are?
They’ll become precious memories in years to come and I promise you a cheese-free photoshoot, that’s quick and fun! Plus, they’re ideal whether it’s just you two or if you want to bring the pets and the children along too – the choice is yours.
Unsurprisingly, this option is popular with couple’s who want to celebrate their wedding anniversaries too and is available all year round, not just around Valentine’s Day. Contact me today to enquire about your own couple’s photoshoot.
So, how will you celebrate your love this Valentine’s Day?
You see, if you make the effort, it’s easy to come up with creative ways that would make your partner’s day this Valentine’s Day.
Everyone loves to feel loved and you could put yourself in your partner’s good books by doing any one of these things this year!
If you’re an engaged couple considering hiring me as your wedding photographer, please contact me today by completing this form.
I’d love to hear about your wedding plans and to get the opportunity to discuss whether I could be the right for you. In the meantime, don’t forget to have a browse through my recently updated wedding gallery and view my client testimonials.